Grandparents Day falls on September 12 this year. How will you celebrate your grandparents? As we all know, grandparents think everything about their grandchildren is incredible and noteworthy. Who are we to disagree?
Decide to find ways to make their day special and to return the love that they give so freely. Try these ideas and show your grandparents how special they are!
1) Use sites like Shutterfly or Kodak Gallery to create a personalized photo album or calendar. With a calendar, they can enjoy seeing their grandchildren everyday!
2) A fruit basket can be a healthy gift, especially for those grandparents with diabetes.
3) Handmade cards or crafts are easy ways for young grandchildren to get creative. Crayola offers ideas and templates.
4) If your grandparents age in place, give them a product like FreedomAlert to keep them safe.
5) If you no longer have your grandparents in your life, celebrate others by offering your time at a nursing home.
Check out Grandparents.com for additional ideas, templates, quotes, and more to make this a wonderful Grandparents Day!
Grandparents Day is “… to honor grandparents, to give grandparents an opportunity to show love for their children’s children, and to help children become aware of strength, information, and guidance older people can offer.”